Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Peas, please...
















I have been craving some pea salad for a couple of days now! So today I made me some. This is the same recipe I have made for years! I've been taking it to family gatherings for years. I do not like some pea salad. Some people put sweet pickles in theirs and that is a no-no!

I will post the recipe and I hope that you will like it and make it for your family. I don't make it often because my husband doesn't like peas. He'll eat it when i do make it, but he will never say, "hey, why don't you make some pea salad!" I just can't understand it is so creamy and so full of flavor! But, that's okay because he eats cucumbers and I can't see how he can do that!

Having a great today! The temp outside today is only in the low 80's and 2 days ago we had 107, so it is quite a reprieve!! No complains from me. The sky is bright blue and a soft wind is blowing...just perfect!!

Anyways, here's the recipe for my pea salad. Let me know if your family liked it, okay...

My Southern Pea Salad

1 can LeSeuere Baby Peas
1 boiled egg
1/8 cup minced onions
1 small jar of pimentos
1/4 cup diced Velveeta cheese
1/4 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
fresh cracked pepper and salt to your taste

Drain the peas and pour into bowl. Add the next ingredients in order given. Gently stir being careful not to crush the peas. Top with additional egg slices and place in refrigerator to cool. Enjoy...



















1 comment:

  1. Oh Brenda that looks very very good!! Nice and cool on a hot day!! Love the smiley face AND your pictures look very professional!!

    ReplyDelete