Monday, August 30, 2010

Barn hunting...

Yesterday was my kinda day! We got up and went to church and then set off for a day of barn hunting. I love old barns...new ones, too! We drove way out in the country past Geary and Calumet. Found some pretty cool stuff out there.

The barns in the New England area are nothing like the barns here. I could spend a week in New Hampshire just photographing my favorite barns and never run out of them. They are old, have character and are everywhere. I plan on doing alot more photographing old barns this next trip home.

The one above was my favorite from my hunt yesterday. I love the colors with the red doors. I have a barn section in my photo album on Facebook where I have placed several of my favorites. I think its funny that we all have different ideas and desires to photograph things that make us happy! Barns happen to do that for me!

We ate lunch yesterday at a Cherokee Trading Post and it was quite yummy. There were buffalo outside grazing, teepees and a wonderful art gallery. Just wish I had had a couple hundred dollars to spend on art work! There were some beautiful cowboy pieces I just fell in love with. Right now I just don't have the room for any pictures...no wall space.

Today I think I might make some pies. Not sure what kind, but I am sure I will find something. I have been really hungry for some kolaches, too. I have everything to make them, too! Decisions, decisions!! Well, I better get going. It is Monday morning after all and I am wasting daylight sitting here...

No comments:

Post a Comment