Wednesday, July 14, 2010

blueberries...





Goodness, today at Wally World they had "quarts" of blueberries for $1.00!! That's an amazing price. I bought 6 of 'em. I made a blueberry cobbler for hubby awhile ago and it was yummmmy! We had it with vanilla ice cream. I dished it up right when it came out of the oven. A lil' piece of heaven in a bowl!! I love any kind of berries, dew berries, raspberries, blackberries, I love 'em all.
I'm off to bed early tonight, didn't sleep good last night. Truthfully, I think it's my pillow. Anyways, I'm going to get up early in the morning and see if I can figure out how to put pics on this blog. Then I will be one happy girl...

My Blueberry Cobbler

4 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. cold butter
3/4 cup buttermilk

Mix the blueberries with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until mixed in. Pour this into baking dish coated with Pam.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1/4 cup of sugar. Whisk around and then cut in the butter using a fork or a pastry blender until coarse crumbs appear. Stir in the buttermilk just until it is moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the berries, pressing some down into the berries.

Bake uncovered at 375 for about 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve piping hot with vanilla ice cream and just indulge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment